I Also Have the TFP Sparkle!!!

mmcwhorter

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 13, 2015
Huntingtown, MD
Two weeks ago my pool looked like lemon lime flavored Gatorade after a brush down. I had not made the critical connection between higher CL requirements with high CYA (which I have high CYA at the moment)....I was still under the impression that 1-3 PPM FC maintenance was OK with 80 CYA. My shock levels were no where near sufficient.

Had a rough time with pool last year too. Now I know why!

After SLAM started 11 days ago, I followed the process to the letter and pool is awesome and never looked better. See the pix....
Yes, I bought the TF-100 kit and use it a lot.

We are replacing the tile soon, what's in there now is a rookie hack-job repair with failing original tile....so I'll get the CYA down after new tile drain-refill. Till then I will bite the bullet with the amount of CL needed....but not an issue for 2-3 more weeks.

And I went down to the local pool store today just to see how close my TF-100 readings matched theirs for their "computer print-out" (which is nice)...and it was very close to my numbers.
I felt like the cat with the canary when they offered to sell me Tri-Chlor and I said...."no thanks".
Great sense of empowerment. ;)

Also, I found 1-gallon jugs of bleach for $1.69 at Giant grocery store in Prince Frederick MD. I'm sure it's not 8.25%...but the next one down in concentration (5% i think?). Wal-Mart has the 121 oz of $8.25% for $3.97 (as others have reported).

Everyone....Please support this website.FullSizeRender1.jpgFullSizeRender2.jpg

Mark

Your pool looks great! Good on you! I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall when you refused the chemicals from the PS.
It does make you feel good when you know the so called pros have no clue of the relationship between CYA and FC and you do. Love it!

Mark, you could always ask the Pool Store if they sell liquid chlorine. It might be of higher concentration so you take that into consideration.
Some do, and perhaps the price is good. I'm shocked at the price of bleach in your local Giant....but then again I remember Giant well and know they're pricy.

Beautiful water!

I too have noticed an increase in bleach prices locally.

Clorox is always the most but it's now nearing $ 5 a gallon!!

I can still get generic 8.25% for $ 2.88 (cheapest found but fresh strength) at fred meyer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.