New Pool Owner in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Hello all,

I recently purchased a home here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and for the first-time in my life, I am a pool owner! It's a 22.5k gallon in-ground pool, with a SWG. It has been a steep learning curve as the previous owners did not open it this year. Imagine my shock (pun intended) on closing day when I saw the green-ness of our pool water!

I admit that I have been lurking on the site for awhile, trying to learn as much as I could in preparation. I have learned much recently regarding pool chemistry, water balance, pump options, and filter, all of which helped get the pool swim ready. I still have a lot of questions that I will be posting in the appropriate threads (I hope) and I appreciate any help you folks can provide.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
-Patrick

We're very happy to see you join us Patrick. Sounds like you've been doing some reading, so I'll leave you to that incase you have any specific questions later. You may already know the challenges pool owners in Canada have trying to obtain a good test kit. Since the TF-100 cannot be shipped to you directly, hopefully you have the Taylor K-2006. We know how important the right test kit is to pool care. Have a great weekend, and let us know if you need any assistance. Enjoy! :swim: