PVC Unions

Don't shoot me, but unless you plan to purchase several hundered, why not just go to the Home Depot, etc., or your local plumbing store where you can be assured it's Sch. 40? There' can't be that much cost difference, can there? Lasko brand will get you there, or just some Hayward 2" unions, or Praher, or...well, you get my drift. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the replies, the unions at my HD are almost 3.00 more a peace. Im looking at about 10 unions(more than necessary, but easier to take apart). One of the parts Im really interested in is not carried at HD. Its a 1 1/2 mpt adapter/2" slip union - it will save me a few extra pieces.

The other problem Im running into is that my Lowes/HD doesn't have some the of the parts Im looking for in schd 40. For example Id rather use the long 90' elbows than the street ones. I just think it will make things flow better.
Thanks
John

I haven't set it up yet - just trying to diagram it and figure out what I need. I'm going to make it so I can take all the pvc apart and bring it inside during winter. One of the reasons I need so many unions is that I have two 3 way valves and want a union at each port to make taking the system apart easier.
Thanks
John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.