It has not been a good day!

MOM&POP DIY

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2009
Ummm......

Okay, I admit we are tired, and when you get tired everything begins to look hopeless but I am about ready to throw all the dirt back in the hole.

Today was liner day, and we have a few wrinkles on the back wall that just will not go away. Pool is about 1/3 full of water (had water hauled in) and they are persistent. We have turned the vacuum off, my son has been waste deep in freezing water off and on all day and the wrinkles still are there. I called the company that we purchased the kit from, and they were so very nice, and said that if they were not folding over, the water should pull them out. They are not folding over, but they are there.

Uh oh .... the water truck is back with 6500 more gallons.......
I'll write again when he leaves.

Update.....

It is 77 degrees here now, high of 80, North Carolina is like that in March. It was snowing Monday, and yesterday in low 70's and today it's quite warm. Tomorrow it is predicted for mid 70's also, so we had been told that 70 was required temp.

The second load of water is about in, and the wrinkles are much improved. I see 2 on the rear wall - one about 12 inches long and one maybe 8 inches. If a problem arises with a leak or what ever the wrinkle may cause, then I will hire a professional for the next liner. Its just not worth undue stress. My husband was discharged from hospital 3 days before we picked up the kit with heart problems. Just requiring a medicine adjustment. So I am stepping back, taking a deep breath and deciding to accept the things I can't change. This has been a tough job. Lessons learned - should have gone gunnite.

But..... if anyone knows how I can fix the wrinkle problem, I am still in for a fix :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.