Hola from Cancun

cancuntom

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2009
Cancun, Mexico
Hola to everyone. My wife and I retired to Cancun, Mexico one year ago. We bought a home and the first project we undertook was to add a pool. It is oval in shape, with roman stairs at one end and is uniform in depth. The measurements are 15'6" wide x 30' long x 4' 6" deep inground. The pool is constructed of concrete block side walls w/ a concrete slab base. The base and side walls are all reinforced with rebars. The blocks were covered with stucco both inside and out and then the inside of the pool was covered with 1" square mosaic tiles in 3 different colors. The pool has 3 underwater lights and has 8 jets and two suction ports for cleaning. There are two bottom intakes and two skimmer boxes. The system uses a sand filter and other typical plumbing features. The pool was completed last year in June. We have been enjoying it and are generally happy with it. We have had two issues and are currently working on ways to solve them. One is in this sub-tropic climate the pool water gets uncomfortably hot in August and September. The other is that we have had very unusually cold weather since December. Our pool water is about at 70-74 F which is a bit cold for recreational usage. I'm currently working on a homemade solar heating system which I hope will solve both problems.