Self Introduction

Jul 23, 2015
Southaven, MS
Hello,

My name is Richard and I'm an Engineer by day and Pool Boy by night (or maybe late afternoon?)

I've been visiting Pool School regularly for the last week and using the PoolMath calculator to deal with my first pool...

An Intex 18'x4' EzSet pool... It was a couple of weekends of hard work to get the 3 yards of sand moved from the end of my driveway to the pool location and then surrounded by metal edging... I don't want to hurt the pool when I weed eat.

It still needs gravel around it but it's useable now!

Only big complaint is that brand new it has 3 small leaks, mostly drips on seams, I plan to try vinyl cement to seal it up. And I've found that using ANYTHING granulated ends up at the bottom of the pool.

Thanks,
Richard

Well Richard, let me welcome you to TFP! :wave: Sorry to hear about your new pool seam issues. There are some very good after-market repair products on the market, so let us know if you have any questions about that. As for anything granulated on the bottom, I'm guessing you mean chemicals? There really shouldn't be too much of that, so let us know if you have any questions of how to add a specific item. Maybe we can help there too.

Question - What test kit do you have? That's priority #1. :)

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Especially the pool volume info!

Welcome to TFP!

Hello Richard and welcome!

We all use liquid bleach, Muriatic Acid, Baking Soda and Borax. The latter are pretty dissolvable especially in a bucket of warm water.