Best pump for 10' x 30" Intex Easy Set Pool?

PWGuy

Jul 23, 2015
Northern IL
I have the standard and HORRIBLE stock pump (300gph) for my 1,000 gallon, 10' x 30" Intex Easy Set Pool. Looking for a replacement but probably won't buy until next Spring - thought I'd find out from the board if the Intex 1,000gph pump for about $55 on Amazon is the best "upgrade" for this little pool?

Welcome to TFP. Anything would be better than what they sell. Let's bump ya to see what others can recommend. :bump:

I think the 1000 GPH is the largest intex pump that uses the smaller hose size that your pool probably has, however if you are up to doing the necessary modification you may want to look at the intex sandfilter combos.

It's probably overkill, but if money is no issue, why not? It certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

That size pool can be pretty easily drained and refilled in an afternoon if the need were to arise. My biggest impetus towards getting a sand filter was to eliminate the need to buy filters.

If you do get one, size it to handle the largest pool you think you may be getting in the next few years. I started with a 10', followed by a 12', then a 14', and now my current 16'.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.