dirty, cloudy spa water when heat is turned on

kostia

Jun 30, 2010
Just started happening. When I turn on SPA mode and Heat water in the SPA becomes cloudy as if some kind of powder DE is released into the water.
If I flip between spa and pool for a couple of minutes it clears and remains clear when I turn back into SPA mode only.
This happens every time I turn on heater though. Is the heater going bad? What is the cause of this?

You should make sure you run your spa mode for about 15 minutes a day and any jets or blower also to get fresh chlorine in your pipes. This may be your problem. I have mine programed to turn the spa mode on at the end of the day for 15 minutes, the spa jets 5 minutes and the blower 1 minute during that time.

I run spa and pool always at the same time in about 20/80 mode. The problem occurs regardless if I am running pool and then switch to spa or if I turn on spa right away. There is a stop in the middle what I am wondering if the problem exists in pool mode as well only it clears up before I can observe it because of the volume of water? So this is the initial burst of DE that for some reason is happening when the pump is first turned on after any (no matter how short) period of being off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.