Just wanna say...

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
HI!

Today was absolutely gorgeous outside! It's still 74 at 6pm. I worked a lot on the pool the past few days. Pretty much got the leaf rake and raked out all the oak leaves from the neighbors tree that made it into the pool, as well as pinestraw. Put in 288 oz of bleach just a bit ago and letting the pump run. Hope to get it vaccumed real good this weekend and then I am going to start adding my CYA and other BBB stuff.

So how is everyone? :)

frustratedpoolmom said:
spent the afternoon taking down the christmas lights.... :oops: :oops:

If I didn't do it, hubby would leave them up all year. :mrgreen:
No, you just don't understand, he was getting a jump on putting them up for next christmas! It's a guy thing!

Hi Lulu!!!! :wave:

Hi Laura,

Amazingly great weather here, too! Spent most of the day giving our 11 YO yorkie his 'spring' haircut :mrgreen: Got about a dozen leaves in the pool along w/a little dirt I'll take care of tomorrow!

waterbear said:
frustratedpoolmom said:
spent the afternoon taking down the christmas lights.... :oops: :oops:

No, you just don't understand, he was getting a jump on putting them up for next christmas! It's a guy thing!

:lol: :lol: I was thinking of adding a double row of the icicle lights hanging over the deck railing and leaving them there year around!....but, then, I do have a pair of pink flamingos (uplighted) under the banana trees! :roll:

Butterfly said:
but, then, I do have a pair of pink flamingos (uplighted) under the banana trees! :roll:
Pink flamingos are so cool. I love them. They are the ULTIMATE white trash lawn accessory! Even more effective if you live in a trailer! (I am being serious here! I collect pink flamingos but am NOT allowed to display them!)

Deck lights year round, christmas-type or not, are perfectly acceptable. Red/green lights lining the roofline in the front of my house are not. :shock:

I was thinking about the "rope" lights for my deck. We use them camping to light our campsite and they give off a nice amount of light without attracting bugs. Go for it, J-fly!

waterbear said:
Butterfly said:
but, then, I do have a pair of pink flamingos (uplighted) under the banana trees! :roll:
Pink flamingos are so cool. I love them. They are the ULTIMATE white trash lawn accessory! Even more effective if you live in a trailer! (I am being serious here! I collect pink flamingos but am NOT allowed to display them!)

Update: My pink flamingos have just been moved to sick bay. DH thinks they need a fresh coat of paint :mrgreen:

Waterbear, you collect PF's! You just have to let us see some pix!

FPM, I like that rope light idea, too. I'm holding off on the double icicles. We already have low-voltage lighting on the deck & around the pool deck, but we need a tad more light, imho. So, since I already have some umbrella lights, I'll try those first! decisions, decisions :roll: :lol:

We had a great mild spell for a few days. A lot of the snow has melted. I can see the edges of my winter cover poking out of the snow and ice now. The pool is still a solid block, but at least the sun can get at the ice and black edges now. The sound of the snow coming off the roof is fun, scared the Darn out of my gf and cat. haha.

In the deepest part, I'm down to about 2' of snow on the ground, in the windy and treed areas, I see grass. It won't be long now! I should be able to start pumping off the cover in April.

Butterfly said:
I was thinking of adding a double row of the icicle lights hanging over the deck railing and leaving them there year around!....but, then, I do have a pair of pink flamingos (uplighted) under the banana trees! :roll:

Butterfly...I did this with the icicle lights. I put them up for Christmas and decided I liked them so I left them up...the clear/white ones of course! I will see if I can get a decent picture for you. They're on my privacy fence since I don't have a deck. I have them come on for just a couple of hours right now. It's looks mighty festive back there with the lighted palm tree as well! I just look out and dream...it won't be long now! :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.