Paver Installation

duraleigh said:
Budster, a small note on terminology, "crush and run" sounds ~phonetically correct but it's actually "crusher run" (at the gravel pit they have big rock crushers that 'grind' the stone to the various grades -like #57 or 3/4" gravel - the "run" is the finer stuff that they collect after making, screening and rinsing the freshly crushed stones ) (I'm telling you this out of friendship, not trying to pick on you - when I worked up in NH, I referred to the board used to level the concrete in a poured pad as a "screet" board and caught a LOT of flack [ ] from my co-workers because the proper name is a "screed" board - I just didn't want you to ever run into ignorant folks like that who will pile 'Crud' on you for using a close sounding, but incorrect, term )

Well, Ted, Here in the South (The cultural center of the US) it is "Crush and run". As Budster will tell you, we "Crush" a little rock, and then "run" to the store for some more beer......it's almost impossible to make a uniform mix without the beer.....but don't get the notion we mix it with the rock, tho. :shock: :shock:

Shoot, Ted, ya'll up there probably think when we "carry" someone to work, we're not givin' 'em a ride in the car!! :lol: :lol:

I've always heard contractors call it "crusher run" in Alabama.

Well I am happy to say our paver installation is finished. Came out really nice even if they didn't know how to put down polymer sand. Now I just have to get the grass going.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.