Service-Timed Mode

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
Hi all. Can someone double check if I'm understanding Service-Timed Mode on my Hayward automation system correctly? Assuming my pump is set to run everyday from 7pm to 3am, if I put the system in STM and turn the pump on at 8am, my understanding is it will run for 3 hours and then turn pump off at 11am, and then come back on at the normal time of 7pm. Is this correct? I want to know that the pump will not be running all day if I need to turn on in the morning to get extra cleaning time after a storm, if if I want to add acid in the morning. Does it matter if I turn the pump on first, or should I put the system in STM first? The manual does a poor job at explaining how to use exactly. Thanks.

Assuming my pump is set to run everyday from 7pm to 3am, if I put the system in STM and turn the pump on at 8am, my understanding is it will run for 3 hours and then turn pump off at 11am, and then come back on at the normal time of 7pm. Is this correct?
Correct.

thomearl said:
I want to know that the pump will not be running all day if I need to turn on in the morning to get extra cleaning time after a storm, if if I want to add acid in the morning.
After 3 hours, the service timed mode will automatically switch back to normal automated operation and operate according to the set timers.

thomearl said:
Does it matter if I turn the pump on first, or should I put the system in STM first?
Put it in STM first, and then turn on the filter. I think that if you turn the pump on first, it might stay on after STM because it was turned on during automatic mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.