Houston Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
Well I did a lot of research when we first thought about fixing up our old pool. All my google searching led me to this place. I just wanted to say thanks for all the help I received. I have heard a lot of horror stories from people about pools costing big bucks for chemicals. From your recommendations, I started off the right way, with a good test kit, got my levels in check, and now my "Expensive" chemicals are basic bleach with a rough cost of a $1.50 a day.

Being I live in Ohio, I calculated our pool season at roughly 100 days, so this puts me at $150.00 a year on bleach, plus the muriatic acid here and there. For the convenience and joy of having a pool in my backyard, I think I can swing that.

Thanks for all the help.

By the way, I lucked out and found a stenner pump locally for $40.00, so that is my next endeavor!

First Forum
Couple questions for the first time pool owner.

Here's a few pictures of the water quality.

Dolphins actually have a personal meaning behind them. My sister was a lifeguard and loved dolphins, even swam with them once. She passed away 5 years ago from cancer, so we got the dolphin liner for her.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This looks like a great setup. If you're willing, would you post manufacturers and part numbers of the tank, pump and injection port valve/tee (and anything else needed to make an auto feeder). I did some searching on this type of thing before, but being new to the pool world, I lack some of the understanding of different equipment.

The pump I have is a stenner classic variable output high pressure. 85mph or something like that. I went with their brand of tank and high pressure injection valve. I got some of my parts locally of craigslist. Everything is available at Locke welland pump .Com though.

Seems like it's working good so far. I let it run for an hour into a secondary container instead of injecting in the lines to get a good estimate on how much its producing a day

I used the 1/4". It's based on the size of hose you use. The valve has two threads on it. I used the 1/2" thread to put it into the pvc t

Right now the valve is in line with the puck chlorinator. I'm going to replumb everything next year. I bought some solar water panels so I am going to just redo everything next year after those are installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.