JJ*

Jul 22, 2015
Kansas City, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
:hammer:We are at our wits end, and I hope someone can offer some suggestions.

we have an in-ground 16 x 32 pool with a sand filter with a multiport Model TM-22 (manufactured by Praher) the sand filter is a Tagelus model FLT TA100D.
Water was leaking out of the backwash drain ( I don't know the correct terminology-sorry)
We changed the spider gasket. it will work for a little while, then it starts bunching up when we turn the valve. We have used loctite 401 and lubed it the last time and did not move the handle for 3-4 days. We did leave it running on filter.

We have also purchased a new multiport and only changed out the lid.

Last night, we attempted to vacuum, only to lose suction when we got to the other side of the pool. Figuring we may have a hole in the vacuum hose, we backwashed and called it a night. tonight when I got home from work, water is leaking out AGAIN, which means the spider gasket is bunched up AGAIN. :???:
Do we need to change the bottom out of the multiport? The gasket that is on that part is secured by glue or something because it is not budging. And if we do change out the multiport with the new one, what special glue do we use for the 2 " PVC Pipe when adding cupplers?

Could this also be the reason we lose suction when vacuuming?
yes, we turn it off before turning the valve. Yes we only turn it one direction.

Thanks for any help or advice

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

My best advice would be to call Praher Tech Support. They make pretty good products and I believe they will help you figure out what the issue is. Have you spoken with them?

I've found that shutting off the the pump before switching valve positions certainly helps, but I've got another finger in the web that's slipping again. I superglued one in place last year which was going out the waste line, causing me to lose a ton of water. Today, I'm working on my filter, so the system was on recirculate, but I saw water trickling into the filter thru the line that normally outputs the filtered/clean water. Threw some superglue on it, left the top off of it, and will let it dry overnight. Throwing some valve grease on the gasket should get it back to 100% smooth & operational status again tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.