Replace Heater Or Just Heater Element

Apr 22, 2013
My 10 year old Thermospa Park Avenue just died. Fortunately, I have a neighbor who's both an electrician and who also owns a hot tub. When the break was tripped and the spa went down, his first guess was the heater.

Sure enough, he unscrewed the two screws above the tube to disconnect the heater and put a meter on them and still got continuity, so according to him, anyway, that points to the element rotting out and arcing, etc.,

So I take pictures of the labels on the Thermospa tube and see how it says "Titanium", etc., and after a little searching, I see even Home Depot carries a "Proline" titanium universal heater element with the same 2 screws etc.

Do I just get that for $55 or do I have to go for a new heater tube with new guts, etc., and swap the whole thing, probably meaning Thermospa brand name $$$.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.