This little guy died in my pool today, do I need to add extra chlorine?

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
Didn't know where to post this but thought since we deal with chemicals here, might not be a bad place to start, Mod please feel free to relocate if necessary. He wasn't in there long, tops a couple of hours. Should I toss in some extra bleach just to be careful?

My water sure is clear isn't it? I thought these little buggers could swim . . .

I found a dead rat in my pool (resting comfortably on the main drain) a couple weeks ago. He'd been there up to 24 hours...

I thought surely I'd see some CC or at least a drop in FC as a result, but my tests showed nothing other than the normal FC loss due to sunlight. I added the amount of bleach my tests called for, and all is well.

If it hasn't been decomposing in full sun for days/weeks on end I would think it's ok as long your chlorine levels are good.

I get squirrels all the time, leaning over the coping to get a drink, some times even when I'm floating in the pool, makes me laugh.

this poor guy must have lost his balance.

I would just test and see if your FC and CC is good. If it is, go on about doing whatever you were doing.

Poor lil dude. I know its gonna happen to me some day because i hve lots of squirrels in the yard. But when it does, Im gonna hate it.
I like my squirrels and I even feed them now and then.

I came home to that scene once. I was so glad the kids were not here. I dumped chlorine, ran the pump 24/7 for a few days. I have gotten rid of that pool but will never tell the kids.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.