Jandy Aqualink Z4 or Hayward OnCommand?

I had the Jandy RS4 for about 6-8 years. Then I sold the house.

I liked it and was able to do my own maintenance. I had a lightning strike (St Pete FL at the time) and it took out a $1000 board. I was able to replace and get everything working well. Pretty eacy to work on....We had the remote control box inside the house wired in to the master bedroom and local control by the pool/spa. I never set up the landscape lights or other features.

I can say for sure that the valve actuators are of a far superior quality after Zodiac bought that product line. The old Jandy mfg. JVA1240 (12 V) and 2440 (24 V) units were junk. I used to open them up and pilfer for spare parts as needed...But the first time I saw the Zodiac version after they bought thew comapny, there was a redesign that was impressive. Lots of obvious things were changed and reliability and performance was better.

Did you buy something yet?

mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.