Water Temp Offset

H2O_Keeper

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
SW Indiana
My son has a birthday the end of April and I will really be pushing things having the water ready that early in the season for us. The outside temps may be decent (late 70's) but I will have to fire up the gas heater because the ground and my pool water will be in the 50's.

I dont want to turn the heat on until within a few days of the party (gas prices). I need to balance ahead of time. Is it sufficient to just bring in samples of water and let them get to room temperature before testing? Are there any caveats that will happen balancing at one temperature but testing at another?

You should do the chlorine and PH tests right away. You should wait for the water to warm up before doing the CYA test. You can do the TA and CH tests right away or wait, but it takes more swirling to mix after each drop when they are cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.