Michael.Kendrick

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Houston, TX
New member to TFP and wanted to share my pool pics...mostly so I can reference this post/pics since it is hard trying to explain my pool layout, equipment, landscaping since it is some unique. I have several other areas/angles but will upload them on another post b/c of file size.
Pool 1.jpgPool 2.jpgPool 3.jpgPool 6.jpgPool 7.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey everyone! Thx for the all wonderful feedback. Sorry I haven't been online in 2 days...I was dealing with HUGE swamp in my backyard. In short, I came last week from vacation after 2 weeks to find my pool completely taken over by green algae. The silver lining in it though lead me to start maintaining it myself and to TFP!

- - - Updated - - -

To answer few of your questions: The pool & spa are somewhere between 85k-100k gallons, I bought the house with the pool already built so I am not sure on exact size...I have an original layout design from previous owner and kinda narrowed it down to 90kish. It is 88'L x 40'W (shallow area) x 18'W (grotto area) x 22'W (deep/slide area). It ranges from 3'D to 8'D gradually. The spa is probably about 18'L x 10'W x 5'D. The tall stepped fall is 15'H above grade, the spa itself is 5' above grade.

Divin Dave thanks a ton for the link to the Posting Photo Tutorial. I will become a supporter and upload more pics for you guys.

Whoohoo...lifetime supporter now! :) Here are a few more pics of the pool as promised! It has a bridge and rock river thingy behind it as well (it is where the rear entrance leads to) but I don't have any pics of that with me at the moment. Primary reason for uploading them is to hopefully give others some ideas on pool design, layout...needless to say I was speechless when l walked into the backyard while looking to purchase the house (must have tripped over myself like 5 times running around like a kid in a candy store). That all said, and as another noted, it is a TON of work...but that is b/c I enjoy doing it myself. It keeps my and my family outside together all the time instead of the kiddos stuck on their ipads playing minecraft 24/7 lol.

Attachments

• Pool 5.jpg
    Pool 5.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,095
  • Pool 8.jpg
    Pool 8.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,096
  • Pool 11.jpg
    Pool 11.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,096
  • Pool 12.jpg
    Pool 12.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,094
Lol smforte. No no, I have a dbl wide parked in front of it! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Borjis I will post some of the equip pad. It has 2 salt systems. I still don't think they can keep up though...I keep a few pucks in the chlorine feeder as well. Maybe overkill but still learning her out some...only bought house 8 months ago and opened pool just 4 months ago.

yeah,
I wanna see equpment too! And some test results to go along with it.

Man, I need me one of those thatch roof palapa things... and I mean bad! Its on my 'to do' list.

And Michael, THANK YOU for becoming a supporter. It's much appreciated.

That's it!!! I'm coming over... I'm packing right now! Send me your address! :mrgreen:

Right! I call Baloney Sandwich! Taking pics of pools in Vegas and posting them here has to violate some kinda rule! Wow, what a place to play! Congrats.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.