Pebble Tec or Colored Plaster

All of the finishes have advantages and disadvantages. PebbleTec is very pretty and lasts longer than most other finishes, but it can get quite expensive and some people find it to be tough on their feet. Colored plaster is less expensive but doesn't last as long. The darker colors sometimes have a blotchy appearance. Personally I would go for Pebble Sheen if I could afford it, and Diamond Brite if I couldn't afford the Pebble Sheen.

I second the Pebble Sheen. With crystal clear water the texture is visible and striking. My pool has a few barely visible blotches, which I believe are due to to acid wash process used to expose the pebbles. The blotches are most noticeable on cloudy, overcast days and can't be seen at all in direct sunlight.

Well worth the extra money! I recommend a Pebble-Tec/Sheen or similar finish to anyone who asks.

I have the regular Pebble-Tec finish. We like it. The surface is rough, but on the other hand, no has ever slipped in our pool! In our case, by using the original Pebble-Tech finish, we recieved a lifetime warranty on the finish, from Pebble-Tec.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.