Green pool

Jul 21, 2015
Brookhaven, MS
I am a new pool owner. I've been able to maintain our chemicals until recently. We swimmers in our pool on Friday and it was crystal clear. I didn't get a chance to check on it on Saturday and Sunday, so when I went out there on yesterday it was green. I shocked it and put in stabilizer. What else should I do?

Welcome to TFP!

You should shock the pool correctly with tightly controlled high, but proper levels of Free Chlorine. We call this a SLAM procedure where it is just that, and not a one time/day event. I would suggest going into pool school, and starting with the ABCs, and move on to the SLAM article. We are about knowledge and understanding first, then testing our own water, and making adjustments accordingly based on those results. You'll need a proper test kit to get this done correctly though, what are you testing with now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.