How often do you "really" test your pool. My answer.... (maybe OT?)

Newpoolcrazy

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2015
La Porte, TX
Not sure, if this is the best place to post this, but I thought someone might find it cute and inspiring.

I've read threads where people are asking "how often you 'really' test?" as if they looking for a good excuse to skip a day here and there.

First year with a pool, and my 6 yr old granddaughter knows how to rinse the vials, how much water should go in for testing, etc. (I do the measuring myself of course) She sets out all my chemicals in order, starts the speed stir, puts the two "dippers" in for FC/CC test and hands me the right reagents etc, then helps me count. She knows how many drops to check for CC and what a little pink means. Also Ph of course. I really never thought about it, but the other day someone tried to tell her to leave it alone because she didn't know what she was doing, and I had to say "Yes, she does!" Like they were crazy.

So my answer to the question of how much to I test?: "Enough that a 6 yr old who's only here 2-3 times a week knows how to test for FC/CC and Ph after two months, just by watching!"

Now she says she wants to be a "pool guy". LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.