Very Pleased with Set Up

Krooz

Mar 30, 2015
Moncks Corner
It's been a month since I changed out the water in our hot tub - this was the first water change-out since we filled the new tub. Following the recommendations on this site I built a bromide bank (which I didn't do the first go 'round) and added Gentle Spa as well. All I can say is wow! Things have have been so steady and easily maintainable this time. My pH has been steady and the Frog floater has actually worked and maintains a nice steady Br level - even when we went out of town for 5 days. The Gentle Spa has made the water more pleasant feeling too. All I do is add MPS at a rate of 1.8 oz per hour of use and toss in a couple ounces of 8.25% bleach once a week.

Current levels are:
Br = 4 minimum
pH = 7.6 and I haven't tweaked it once after the fill adjustment
TA = 60 and I haven't adjusted it either
CH = 140 steady

This gives me a CSI of -0.2 per the Taylor Watergram.

I think all the levels are decent though the TA and CH are a little lower than the standard "recommendations" that I tried to maintain during the first fill. Thanks for all the advice here and holler if anyone sees a level I should be concerned with....

Thanks again for a great site/advice!

Cheers

OK, cool. I've been checking it just to make sure everything is resulting in the right balance. I suppose if the numbers are all within range it almost has to be. My wife ribs me about my "chemistry set" that I dig out all the time but she likes the water being right!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.