New to pool ownership

Jul 19, 2015
Biloxi, ms
Pool builder turned owner the pool yesterday. I decided have the water tested at the pool store. Results are:

alkalinity 80
PH 7.7
chlorine 0
salt 2900
Calcium 106
stabilizer 6

i don't have a test kit yet and the store person said to add 2 lbs of chlorine and 8 lbs of stabilizer. It is a salt pool. Any guidance?

Hey.... welcome! Some important links for you to read before you do anything else:
Pool School - Start-up New Plaster (Still, follow your PB's recommendation to not void any warranty!)
Pool School - Pool School
Pool School - Recommended Levels
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
TFTestkits.net (Definitely get the right test kit NOW!)

So read these areas and let us know if you have any more questions. Congrats on the new pool! Welcome to TFP.

Pool builder turned owner the pool yesterday. I decided have the water tested at the pool store. Results are:

alkalinity 80
PH 7.7
chlorine 0
salt 2900
Calcium 106
stabilizer 6

i don't have a test kit yet and the store person said to add 2 lbs of chlorine and 8 lbs of stabilizer. It is a salt pool. Any guidance?
I wouldn't trust the pool store CYA results. So.... target 3 FC and add it using bleach until you get a test kit in your mitts. That's 3 quarts of standard 8.25% clorox or store brand bleach, every day. The sooner you get a test kit, the sooner you can get to work fin-tuning it all and possibly using the convenient powdered chlorine a while until the slat goes in and the SWG takes over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.