Jul 21, 2015
Saint Joseph
Hello everyone! I'm hoping to build a new home next spring and would also like to have a pool. I'm just trying to familiarize myself with all the options.

My first question, can you have a fiberglass pool customized? I'd like to have a fiberglass pool for volleyball. I found a design that is 5 1/2 foot deep in the center and 3 1/2 foot deep on the ends. 5 1/2 foot deep is really too deep for water volleyball. I'd like to have a 16 x 40' plus fiberglass pool that is 3 1/2 foot deep on the ends and 4 1/2 foot deep in the center but I can't find one. Which part of the forum is the best place for me to post my question?

Welcome, and you came to the right place. :wave:

Unfortunately, FG pools are very limited like that. The least customizable, mainly because they have rigid restrictions on size so that they can be transported by truck. Also, because most makers have the fixed designs, more or less set in stone. If you are set on FG, nothing wrong that at all, just look around, and you are sure to find something.

You'll have more options if you look at a vinyl or gunnite. Will you also want deeper depths for diving or swimming?

If you know anyone with a pool see if you can go stand in it to get an idea of water depth (take a tape measure!) and how it feels. I feel like 3.5' is too shallow really, but of course YMMV. Shallow pools tend to get warmer which may be unpleasant come July and August.