Just Added My Borax

spaige

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 20, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Yesterday I added 13.5 boxes of Borax and 3 gallons of acid to my pool to begin my BBB. The Pool Calculator actually called for 3 gallons 3 quarts but I thought it would be easier to lower Ph rather than raise it so I shorted the acid. This morning I checked the Ph and it was high so I did an acid demand test with my Taylor kit and guess what, it called for 3 quarts--you gotta love The Pool Calculator! My Borax test strips from Lamotte were a little tougher to read that I thought they would be. It seems that I'm right around 30ppm maybe a little more. I'm definitely not over 50ppm. I'm going to trust The Pool Calculator and assume I'm ok for now. I am a little worried about going forward though. Does anyone have any suggestions on reading the test strips? I don't think I'll have a problem keeping the borates between 30 and 50 so I guess that is close enough, right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.