Wayword Sand pump questions

Nia

Jun 11, 2015
Arizona
Hello I am a newbie to swimming pool care and setup. I set up my ag pool. When the pump is not running is the water suppose to fill the pump body trap? Asking because my pump directions are to release air pressure from by unscrewing the lid a little before turning on the pump filter. Water just gushes out and makes it very hard to get the lid back on ?? Do most of you have valves underneath skimmer to control water flow?? My skimmer came standard with hoses and no valve? what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

I mean Waterway sand pump not wayword :)

Hi Nia. Wel, if your pump is lower than the skimmer, then the pump pot will always have water in it, and its called a flooded system. So basically you can't take the lid off at all, because water will gush out and getting that lid back on will be tough. Most ag pool owners will add a shutoff valve to the suction and return lines in case they want to work on the pool ir clean the basket. Otherwise you'll have to plug the two lines with some kind of plug or stopper when you need to access the pump. Valves would be helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.