Pool Cleaner that connects to pool vacuuming system

Not sure my input is any help, but I'm a long time user of suction cleaners. I've not used a robot cleaner, but my existing suction cleaner (7 years old) is not performing well so I'm looking for a replacement and considering the Pros / Cons of another Suction Cleaner vs a Robot cleaner

I have Solar Thermal panels, when they are hot they force the filter pump on, so realistically the pump is on at least 8 hours a day in Summer - and thus the suction cleaner has plenty of run-time. I also have Photovoltaic Panels - and if the Solar Thermal is hot, and the pump running, I have PV too natch! so running the pump is "free" for me.

My pool is covered, so I don't have to worry about lots of leaves etc. in the pool.

Within those constraints and in case helpful here is a link to my Pros / Cons list for choosing between a replacement Suction Cleaner and a Robot

Advice on Replacement Pool Cleaner please

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.