Opinions please

April

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 20, 2014
KY
Decided to get a robot to make things a little easier. I have searched to see what most ppl have and like but haven't found any info that is similar to my pool.

My pool bottom is not smooth at all. I had the pool the pool installed by a professional but he didn't do a good job. There is foot holes all over the bottom. I don't think they even tried to smooth out the sand. My manual vacuum won't even stay flat on the bottom when you move really slow over it. I also bought a Baracuda last year it did a ok job but was such a hassle to hook up. I don't get a lot of leaves just a lot of really fine dust/pollen and it seem to just move the dust/dirt aound a lot. We are replacing the liner next spring so we will fix the sand also.

Need some recommendations on which robot would work best with uneven sand/bottom (really bad) and will pick up that fine of particles. Price is not an issue. I don't mind spending money as long as it will do the job. Pool is 18' round.

Thanks so much.

I was looking at the Dolphin Nautilus but I couldn't find any reviews of ppl using it with a above ground. I know it's probably overkill but I want a good one.

Do you think it would work with the dips in my floor and with it being an above ground?

I have the same issue with the bottom on mine. I found a cheap zodiac ranger at a yard sale for 25 cents.
Does a killer job on mine, even gets the stuff out of the foot prints.

Joelin thank you for responding. The Baracuda is the zodiac ranger. I just sold it to my mother because I hated hooking it up. I don't want to deal with hooking up hoses anymore. It's such a pain the way my deck is built trying to get to the pump to prime the hose and then turn it off etc... Awesome deal buying the Baracuda for .25 cents.. I sold mine to my mother fore $80. Lol. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.