Intex AGP and pucks.

kimrst

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
West Michigan
I know that by using pucks all year the CYA builds up and you can never get ahead of the algee. That was the first year we had the 6000g frame pool. Last year I used stabilzer in a sock and then added bleach. This year I'd like to start out with the pucks and stop when I get enough stabilizer in. I'm going to try and drop my ALk down from the 200 it has started with too. So the question is... How many pucks can I use in a raw pool to get the stablizer at a good level before I just use bleach? The pool is about 6000 g's. Is there an easy chart someplace that I have missed? Thanks. Kimrst

You may not get enough flow from your pump to chlorinate with pucks, especially in a floater. They just can't keep up with what the sun consumes. With a seasonal pool, there's no problem with using stabilized chlorine, but you may not be able to get enough of it in the water.

Thanks Jason, I knew there had to be an easy way to get started. One summer before BBB my cya got very high from just using the pucks and I had a green pool the second half of the very short Michigan swim season. I've used only a few pices of a broken puck so far. When I get to my 6th I'll test for the cya level. In the mean time I'm testing and so far my water and numbers are great. Thanks..Kimrst

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.