AquaRite board possibly bad; continually generating Chlorine anyway?

ekuldog

Silver Supporter
Jun 12, 2015
DFW, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Throwing this out there to see if someone has heard of it...I can't find any reference to this specifically.

I am getting to know my pool and SWG the past few weeks. I'm new to pool maintenance and using TFPC for a few weeks now. (Thank you!)
Chemistry is getting there and I have been troubleshooting the SWG and equipment. The Aquarite board has been touchy to say the least and it probably needs replacement so I'm shopping for a new GLX-PCB-RITE. The T-CELL-15 cell is 1 yr old and I cleaned it last week. But for now, the board (possibly 2001) looks to be overheating and not functioning properly. I was thinking that it wasn't generating any CL, but was surprised to test my water today and see the FC at 12.5ppm. This is up from last Wed and Fri at 5.0 and 6.5, respectively. My pump is running 7 hrs per day and the output dial is set to 50%. (My salinity reading is at 3300ppm)
Keep in mind that it's about 110* heat index here in DFW lately and I've had swimmers at least a little every day. The lights are all over the place...sometimes constant HIGH SALT light. Sometimes LOW SALT and CHECK CELL lights. It used to not be able the elec. current load at pump startup and I'd have to manually switch it to Off and then back to Auto to get the salinity reading correct and generate light would stay on all day. Now the past 2-3 days it won't reset and read correctly at all. But the CL is going up. So either the turbo cell is working 100% output all day despite the board issues or something else??? Anyone else have any experience with this? Will a new main PCB fix all my problems?

FYI my chemistry today:
FC: 12.5
CC: 0
PH: 7.6
TA: 80
CH: 250
CYA: 80
Salt: 3300
Temp: 92*

More info, if anyone has some knowledge. These are pictures inside the unit. Looks like AQ-RITE 132611 R1.04 model with Independent Energy main PCB P/N 132603 Rev E. I'm assuming that is a very old unit.

Would a new GLX-PCB-RITE board be the correct thing to do here? Thanks for any input.

View attachment 40304

View attachment 40305

View attachment 40306

A malfunctioning board could certainly supply power to the transformer and conversely to the cell, it's a rare occurrence.

The GLX-PCB-RITE board looks the same as the existing board. My guess is that it will fit just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.