looking for link to help with converting to BBB

Jill_S

Jul 20, 2015
Nashville/Tn
Hi! I'm brand new to membership, but have spent a lot of time reading pool school and pool math. I love all the info, thanks everyone! I am not having any problems with my pool; I simply want to convert from perma salt to BBB. Although I cannot find a post with specific step by step instructions, I am hoping there is one that someone can point me to? From what I've read, is it correct that I can leave the salt in the pool? Can I just lower the copper with sequestrants, or do I really need to drain and refill? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Jill

Welcome to the forum. :wave: Sequestrants won't lower the copper but rather keep them in suspension so it does not precipitate onto your pool walls.

Drain and refill is the most surefire way to get copper out of the pool but before that, I would have my water tested for copper and report that back. Hopefully, it will be little enough not to bother.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.