No suction from skimmer, perfect suction from main drain.

Hey there, first let me thank you for helping me out here. English is not my first language so sorry if i run into son grammar mistakes.

My problem is, my skimmer wont suction (i know it work tho, cause i put a tennis ball on the skimmer back hole (2 hole skimmer here) and after turning the pump on immediately took it off and the skimmer started sucking water like a champ. So.. why it wont work simple by just being there without the ball and with his valve and basket? :-(

any help would help.

Thank you ! :D

I don't know. The second hole is drawing water from the main drain or equalizer line going to the pool wall under the skimmer. I think so e skimmers have a control valve/disk that can control the flow between drain and skimmer. Maybe yours is missing?

P,

I'm not sure I understand the problem. How do you know the Main Drain works and the Skimmer does not? Does your pool have more than one input to the pump, where you can select the "Main Drain" and/or "Skimmer" by moving a valve? If not, then the Main Drain is most likely plumbed into one of the two holes in the bottom of the skimmer. At that point I'm not sure you can tell the difference between the water coming from the skimmer and the water coming from the main drain. Do you have a spaceship looking thing right under the Skimmer basket?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.