Intex SWG Low Salt 91

Jul 15, 2012
This is my 3rd year with the intex SWG. I haven't had any issues. This year, I'm getting the low salt error, which I've had before and has been fixed by adding salt. This time, adding salt doesn't seem to be making a difference. I checked the plates and they look brand new. No buildup. I tested the salt with a salt strip, and it's at 5, or 1690 ppm. It seems high as I can taste the salt more than I usually can. Any suggestions?

1690 doesn't seem high, I though the SWG wanted salt higher than that. What does the manual say is ideal and high? I would definitely be comfortable adding more salt, up to 2500 or 3000 ppm. My Pentair SWG doesn't give high salt error until 4500 ppm.

I agree that your salt level needs to be around 3000 ppm. But if you raise it and still get the low salt code, keep in mind that the cells in these SWGs don't last forever. In my experience, 3 years is about the max. You can call Intex or order online to get a replacement for $68 + shipping. But this time of year, you may also find a new one locally at Wal Mart or Academy for $99 or less. That may be the smarter move.

In the meantime, be sure to add some chlorine bleach to your pool daily to keep algae at bay. Use poolmath to know how much to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.