Skippy's New Fountain

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
So we had this wall outlet for our old pressure side Polaris to "click" into it. Now we have a robot which runs independently. Wanting a new cooling fountain, Skippy built one up using another Polaris wall fitting so now we're using the fountain or just allowing the line to be another "return" in the wall. The only parts not glued together are the polaris end to the PVC end, just in case we want to alter something down the road. In total cost less than $20 (mostly for the Polaris parts) and works a charm! Pool temp dropped like 5 degrees in 24 hours. I am proud of Skippy :batman:

IMG_3626.jpegIMG_3623.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3624.jpeg
    IMG_3624.jpeg
    657.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Reactions: Mrmarkus and CarolR

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Skippy's fountain is foun-tabulous!!! That's one of the best ones I've seen. Will I find the Polaris part by googling or is there a magic secret for finding it?

Thanks so much for sharing! And I almost missed this thread....
Suz.

One more question.... I know very little or nothing about drilling. How did you make the holes? I get using the graph paper (ingenious), but what kind of tool makes those very small holes - they are so clean. Is it the drill tool that you put the short metal stick-like things into the part you hold. You know, the sticks that have the candy cane striped grooves in them? If so, what size stick or whatever you call it? Or was it something else?

Thanks again!

• Haha
Reactions: A.O.
Skippy says: 1/16th of an inch drill bit, drilled directly through the graph paper in alternating lines ( graph paper was taped on) and then removed the paper and sanded the Schedule 40 PVC pipe smooth. Cleaned out the inside of any shavings with a long refrigerator brush. Used PVC glue to glue pipes together except left the Polaris piece and the next piece of PVC unglued in case we change something down the road.

The Polaris part is just the piece that goes into the universal wall fitting from our Polaris 165 sweep cleaner.
Polaris Universal Wall Fitting Collar (UWF) - 6-500-00 <--this part stays in the wall at all times
Polaris 6-502-00 65/165 Wall Fitting
Polaris Pressure Relief Valve 6-503-00

How terrific! I love being spoon fed each and every detail - especially when I need it, like now!!

Drill bits.... of course! I think I should have known that somewhere back in the recesses of my shriveling brain. Lol!!!

Thank you both so very much!!!
Suz.

Can I make this for an intex above ground pool???

Melsteph- I know folks do because I've scanned over their posts, but I'm clueless to the details since my pool is different.

I would suggest opening up the Above Ground Pool section in the Forums, and then using the <search> feature found at the top and it will bring up fountains that folks have used.

I hope this helps you :)

Yip :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.