craters and mounds

Jul 20, 2015
Houston, TX
We started construction on our pool in December. After a few months they finally plastered (hydrazzo) and they filled the pool on Valentines Day. About a month after the pool was in use I noticed bumps and craters around the walls of the pool. I also noticed that some areas had grey streaks. I thought it might just be reflections since the plaster is mostly white. But each time I get in the pool it seems worse. I might just be scrutinizing it more and more but I know this is abnormal. I've been in hundreds of pools and never have I ever noticed walls that are so lumpy and bumpy. It's like craters and mounds. And I think the grey areas area where the mounds are....
What could have caused this? The pool is 5.5 months old. Chemicals have been perfect since start up (minus one or two occasions when the chlorine got down to zero after a ton of rain but was fixed promptly).

How does the dirt//area around your pool look? Have you had a problem with LOTS of water and run off around the pool?

Was there any problems with the dig? before, during, after?

I am just thinking out loud to see what if anything someone can come up with.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.