What shock product?

CC of 0.5 or less is acceptable but if you want to try to drive it down, bring your FC up to 10 ppm using bleach to see if that eliminates the CC. Liquid shock/bleach will only raise your FC. Your CYA is very low for Florida and a salt water chlorine generator. Have you considered raising your CYA level to help reduce chlorine loss to sunlight?

Lowering your CC's to zero is a waste of time. ,5 ppm CC's or less is treated as zero for our purposes.

Not sure about the dilution on CYA but I am darn sure the pool store can be wrong by that much.....happens constantly.

No. I do not. Reducing of 50% of your CYA would require replacing 50% of your water WITHOUT any mixing. If it was rain, you were very slightly diluting the CYA, then draining some off by backwashing. Pool stores are typically very bad at testing for CYA. Your result I would trust. To get more comfortable with your own test, make sure that you fill the tube and observe the result. Then pour the solution back into the dispenser bottle and fill the tube again. See if your observing a consistent number. You can do this multiple times with the same sample. It's also important to perform the test in full sun, with the sun behind you, holding the tube at about waist height, looking down into the tube.

I think it's probably reasonable to give your pool an extra bit of FC before/after rain storms. Lots of folks recently are maintaining fine til a storm starts a bloom. I shoot for a target 2 or 3 ppm higher than normal the night before a storm is rolling in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.