gas heating system

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to All,

we used our spa/heater for the firm time this Sat night. Here's the info:

Summary
Via remote and operating manual, the Spa icon was instigated, then Heater 1, then Blower [Aux 2} once the water started to get warm. The water become warm med-hot, then the icon on the remote for Heater 1 turned off and would not turn on again for the next 25-30 minutes regardless of how many times the remote button for Heater 1 was pressed. When pressing either the Blower [Aux 2] or Gas Fire Bowls [Aux 4] or Scuppers [Water Feature] or Lights via remote, they all worked fine. When the SPA was not producing any additional warm water, the Pool icon was pressed from Spa and the valves changed and Filter was pressed to verify VSP changed from Spa to Pool correctly. No breakers were tripped when examining the control panel which was a prior issue. Note, spa temp is currently 100F, which at above 104, the heater would not work and the icon would not display

Is there a potential problem w the heater since it would not reactive even when initiated by the remote control?

Thank you,
tstex

All pool heaters on the market today will not heat above 104; preset by the manufacturers. Also, check to make sure that the actual water temp on the heater and your controller are the same They are in series so that the temp on the heater, if lower than your controller, will shut off first.

Sorry, need to clarify that the current spa temp is set at 100. The manual states that if temp set above 104, the heater will not work and the icon on the remote will not be highlighted or come on either. I never adjusted the spa temp from 100.

It seemed once the temp reached max heat, the water started to feel less hot over the next 25-30 minutes. During this timeframe, I tried getting the heater to come-back on, but neither the heater icon would come on nor the heater itself...I did not get a temp reading on the remote before we went inside and shut it down...should have done that.

It was about 10:30 - 11pm Sat night w an ambient air temp of 78-80, 700-800 gal spa and Cl-based water. Once the water reached 100, I guess the magic question is how long would it stay at 100 before hitting 99 and re-initiating the heater? Later tonight I will do exactly the same thing, then once 100, I will monitor the temp and see what happens to the Heater function, and/or once 100, wait 5 mins and increase Spa temp to 101-102 and see if heater kicks on. I will post back w results.

Sorry if I made it confusing and appreciate your feedback,
tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.