PH- 7.5
Salt- 3620

After loading up CYA and salt a week ago
7/19/15
CYA- 70
TA- 80
FC - 3.5
PH - 7.2
Salt- 3930( Yeah my Jandy Aquapure SWG calls for 4000 optimum)
CH- 225

Water has been looking better each day since last week. On the down side I can see each bit of trash on the bottom now.
After this test I increased my SWG output 1 level to hopefully hit the FC, if not I'll increase my filter runtime.
I received a outlet fountain I ordered from Amazon last week and installed it a couple of days ago. Started running it today so
hopefully I'll get the PH up in a couple of days.

Glad I found this site!!!!Thanks!!

PH at 7.2 is OK, let it rise on its own. 7.2 to 7.8 is OK.

3.5 ppm FC is too low, 5 is the target and it should be kept at 5-6 ppm at all times. I keep mine a little higher than that, usually 8ish. I am not interested in SLAMing my pool ever again! :)

Does your SWG have a timer? People seem to have better results if you do bursts of chlorine rather than running SWG all at once. Currently my pump runs 7:30-10 am, 12-5, and 7:30-9:30 pm. That way I start the morning with it making chlorine, have it work during the heat of the day, and then stock it back up before the sun goes down. My pool is in full Texas Sun almost all day. In June, I ran the pump 7 hours a day, and before that only 5. This is my first summer of TFP so I'm still figuring out what's and happen to be a bit of a "helicopter pool mom." I do NOT want another algae outbreak!

[emoji176] Lisa P.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I'll keep an eye on my FC this week to see if the SWG adjustments work

this is not how you should do this...add bleach/chlorine to get your FC to the desired level and then make sure you SWCG is set to just maintain the level. best way to zero it in. if not, you are setting your SWCG higher amount, when it hits the level, then you have to recalibrate again to try and maintain. just get it there and then maintain it. don't let it fall below the minimum level

- - - Updated - - -

Does your SWG have a timer? People seem to have better results if you do bursts of chlorine rather than running SWG all at once. Currently my pump runs 7:30-10 am, 12-5, and 7:30-9:30 pm. That way I start the morning with it making chlorine, have it work during the heat of the day, and then stock it back up before the sun goes down. My pool is in full Texas Sun almost all day. In June, I ran the pump 7 hours a day, and before that only 5. This is my first summer of TFP so I'm still figuring out what's and happen to be a bit of a "helicopter pool mom." I do NOT want another algae outbreak!

[emoji176] Lisa P.

it shouldn't matter, as long as your FC never goes below the minimum. test your FC right before your SWCG comes on, that should be the minimum for the day.

- - - Updated - - -

it shouldn't matter, as long as your FC never goes below the minimum. test your FC right before your SWCG comes on, that should be the minimum for the day.

This is not how it works for me, just sayin', just because the SWG is on, it doesn't maintain the FC it started with. It depends on organics in the pool, UV, etc. My levels have been at 1 before in the evening when they started off much higher in the morning. So, personally, I wouldn't assume it is maintaining without testing throughout the day until you get the feel for your pool. I was advised by moderators on the forum to divide up my pump time throughout the 24 hours for a more consistent chlorine production. Assuming my SWG Was maintaining is what got me in trouble in the first place.

At various times throughout the season, I have had to adjust the percent output and the run time. For example, yesterday, my husband mowed, which puts more organics in the pool from blow off and we were going to be swimming (more organics in the pool), so I bumped up the SWG to 75% to compensate. It worked. I has at 7.5 at the end of the day. If I hadn't adjusted, it would have been too low with the extra organics in the pool that day. My goal is 4-6 for my 80 ppm CYA. I try to target 7-8 so it never drops below 4. I get insects, frogs, etc in my pool overnight sometimes.

[emoji176] Lisa P.

Agree with everyone....I balanced my swg pool with bleach only first...then introduced the swg to make sure it would maintain. Start out aggressive. I'm running 8 hours at night at 75% and 4 hours during heat of day at 75%. So far I've been gaining .5 ppm per night so I'm close to what my pool needs. I'll start reducing the % until I'm maintaining and not gaining. I plan to keep pump on slow at night and mid range for four hours during peak swim time for skimmer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.