My Walmart Great Value Bleach doesn't smell right.

DC608

May 16, 2015
Reading, PA
Has anybody experienced this? I just bought 8 bottles. It does NOT say on the label anything about being scented, yet, it smells wrong. It smells "nice." I just did some cleaning with bleach from the laundry room earlier today and that stuff smelled "right," like bleach. Then I went to add bleach to the pool tonight and my latest stock of pool bleach smells fancy.

I am reading the label over and over (oh, and I opened two bottles and they both seem scented). It is a blue label. Says Great Value Bleach. There is a subscript numeral "1" after the word bleach. Other than that it doesn't say much. Kills germs. Concentrated.

There is already a bottle of this new stock in the pool, but I don't want to build up a ton of scent. I'm gonna use the rest of the laundry room bleach tonight even though it's older and there's not really enough. Then I'll find some bleach that smells like bleach in the morning.

But I'd love to hear what others think of this. I hope they haven't started scenting all their bleach. Incidentally, I bought this stuff on Friday, 7/17, at the Walmart in Hamburg, PA. So if anybody else buys there, beware!

Wildcat, this Walmart has a tiny pool section, usually sold out of anything useful, and they mostly stock the tablets. But I will check the other two nearby Walmarts based on your advice. I like the stronger stuff when I can get it at a decent price.

James, it says 8.25%, but there's a blurb under that to note that it yields 7.86% available chlorine. I don't recall seeing anything like that on previous bleach I've purchased.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.