Clogged skimmer line

ggenovez

May 27, 2012
Hi all,

I'm getting desperate. Not sure if something crawled in and died or just full of twigs and leaves but I can't get enough suction to run the gear properly.

I blew compressed air (150 PSI) with one of those bladders, saw some leaves come out on the skimmer side, but still had an issue.

Tried a drain king. saw some spores and leaf parts on the skimmer side, but still had an issue.

Thinking of going to Home depot tomorrow and renting an electric drain cleaner. Any thoughts before I do this?

Thanks!

I don't think I would use the big electric drain cleaner. Just buy one of the smaller 3/8 or 1/2 snakes. Officially called a hand auger.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I would use the big electric drain cleaner. Just buy one of the smaller 3/8 or 1/2 snakes. Officially called a hand auger.

Do you have one or two skimmers? If two, put your hand over the pipe in the one that is working and the pump on high and see if it will suck it out. And block of the main drain equalizer in both skimmers if you have those also. Might need some extra hands! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.