Bubbler pipes are not perpendicular... is that ok?

Eddd

May 5, 2015
Frisco, TX
Hi there, I know enough about general construction, but not much about pool builds. Hoping someone here can help!

My pool is under construction (plumbing and steal went in the other day). The bubbler pipes are facing relatively straight up, but are not perfectly perpendicular (they are probably off by a few degrees). Once the gunite goes in (Wed), those pipes won't move. I asked the superintendent about this and he says this is fine because the bubbler top is adjustable (???), but I am still worried that the base will be tilted. If one side is up 1/8" and the other side flush, I will be pretty mad.

Is this a valid concern that needs to be resolved, or is it fine?

Thanks,
Edd

Since you know general construction, you know that neat and straight are hallmarks of a good build.....that's universal.

I would (with just a tiny bit of sarcasm) ask PB how much extra you will have to pay to have your pipes all vertical.

LOL, so true. I told them up front that they REALLY do not want me to feel like I have to micro-manage... or I will. And that will suck for all of us. They are a reputable PB, but it makes me nervous about how many things I have had to point out to the superintendent to have him fix (like the right scupper pipe being off by 19"). Maybe it would have been caught and fixed, but I warned them, and now I am double checking everything (which I was really gunna do anyways).

I am not sure about the bubbler brand. Probably Jandy. But regardless of that, it is SOOOO easy to make everything level and straight right now. Impossible later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.