Drops question

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
Okay the instructions clearly say drop one drop at a time swirling between each and that has been what I have been doing. On tests that yield a high number of drops and you have a track record of the test results is it okay to add multiple drops in the beginning until you approach the color change threshold or will this affect the test results? Example CA if your value is 300 or so can you add 10 drops twice swirling between each then drop 1 at a time? Or TA if your value is around 100 can you add 5 drops right off the bat then go one at a time?

Ditto to what John said!

On a CH test I reasonably expect to be ~ 300, I'll add 20 drops first, swirl for 30 sec. and then add 2 drops at a time until I get close to the end point, then it's drop by drop until the endpoint holds (adding 2 at a time - even if you hit the endpoint after adding 2 drops - your within the margin of error for the test, so you've still got a good number) If somehow you overshoot adding 20 drops, just repeat the test and only add 10 drops at first then 2 at a time and then drop by drop. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.