Buying pool chemicals in bulk and storage of TF-100 kit?

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC
Is it a good idea to buy pool chemicals in bulk as I have a coupon or as they go on sale towards the end of the season? I know chlorine/bleach loses strength, so I wouldn't buy that. Specifically, I am asking about things like CYA, pH Down, etc. I have a basement so they would be cool and dry throughout the winter.

Secondly, where do you store any leftover reagents from the test kit? I have read that people keep them in the refrigerator over the winter? (My basement stays between 60-70 degrees year round, which is where they are now, in a dark closet.)

I know I'm planning way in advance here...but as much as I want summer to SLOW DOWN I know it won't!!

Thank you!! :D

Bleach and liquid chlorine, as you said, will lose strength, so they are out. I wouldn't want gallons of muriatic acid stored in my basement. PH down is dry acid, I don't use it because of sulfur content. Borax and other things most people here use are not seasonal products. End of season is a good time to buy equipment, accessories, lawn furniture, deck chairs.

Thanks for responding! I agree about having lots of muriatic acid in the basement, but I won't find that on sale anyway. I have used both muriatic acid and pH down. I like the pH down just b/c it is powdered and I don't have to handle the liquid, but muriatic acid is cheaper.

I asked because Clorox pool products does have a good coupon for $5 off $20 of products. I've already bought 2 bottles of CYA with that coupon.

Any advice on storage of test kit?

Sent using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.