Terminator burns out frequently

Jul 12, 2015
Hales Corners, WI
I am on my second board for the Mineral Springs SWG, which as I understand, is an Aquarite (Goldline) re-branded product. I replaced the board last year because the previous one burnt out and replacing the Termistor did not solve the problem. Now, the Thermistor has fried again after 2-1/2 months of service this year. I'd like to know if anyone has an idea why this keeps happening and if there is anything I can do to prevent the issue. In this case, it burnt out after I performed a routine cleaning of the filter cartridge and Hayward t-15 salt cell. I am turning power off at the main breaker while performing the cleaning. Any ideas?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

How old is the cell?
What cell do you have?
What are the diagnostic readings?
The cell is brand new this year. It is a Hayward t-15.

Pool temperature - 84
Cell voltage* – 32.5
Cell current – 0.0
Sanitizer output control – 56P
Instant mineral level – -0
Product name – AL - 0
Software revision level r 1.58
Cell type – t - 15

Two have them have burned out (blackened, crumbling) and after replacing it, the board works fine. I am now going to install a whole house surge protector going that it will prevent a recurrence. Interested in your opinion.

The thermistors are a known problem for the AquaRite. It's fairly common for them to burn out. Therefore, it doesn't necessarily indicate a problem with anything specific to your system. Verify that the voltage and wiring are correct and prevent power quality issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.