rain & slamming

Jun 11, 2015
O'Fallon, MO
Well, I thought I was getting close to ending the slam & did my reading last night with high hopes! At 3 AM storms began & it is still pouring rain. I have to walk a ways to get to the pool since our back deck has it's own set of issues-namely no steps right now. So I have not ventured out to do a reading this AM. Thoughts? I've read on here that the rain will probably not mess up the water as much as many people think, but should I get wet & go take readings today or leave it alone until it stops raining?

I think the main reason rain messes up pool chemistry is the fact that pool owners don't go out and maintain the pool -- for fear of getting wet, I guess ��

In other words, don't neglect the poor thing just because it's raining today.

OK, thanks. I just did a test at 12:15 PM. My FC is 10.5, CC is 0. Pool is still pretty clear, albeit full since we had about 2" of rain last night. I'm going to add appropriate amount of bleach as soon as I post this. So when should I test for CYA? I've been assuming my level has been at target of 40 since that's the amount I put in per pool math. It finally completely dissolved on Friday. TIA!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.