Can AquaRite be remotely controlled by Omnilogic?

zamazing

Jul 18, 2015
Bergen County, NJ
The Hayward Omnilogic controller only supports one T-cell directly. The largest T-15 can chlorinate up to 40K gallons and I have a larger pool so I have a separate AquaRite controller installed for the second T-Cell. The AquaRite is currently wired so that it comes on when the main pool pump is on. However, I notice that the Aquarite can be remotely controlled (there's an LED and screw terminal for it) over a 4-wire communication link. I also see multiple available screw terminals on the Omnilogic with the same Green, Yellow, Black, Red wire interfaces. Does anyone know if the Aqualink can be remotely controlled by the Omnilogic? Does anyone have details of the 4-wire communication link (is it RS-232 or 485 or something proprietary)?

Yes, the AquaRite can be connected to the OmniLogic as a slave. Use standard outdoor rated 4 wire for the connections to the two systems via the Green, Yellow, Black and Red wires on both systems. The AquaRite will need to have the jumper removed so it acts as a secondary. Once it is removed, the desired output will no longer work on the AquaRite Controller and will then be controlled by the OmniLogic as the Primary.

I'm going to try this today. When the AquaRite is configured as a secondary and is being remotely controlled, will the POWER and GENERATING LED's still function? How will I be able to tell that the Omnilogic is controlling the AquaRite and that the T-CELL is being energized?

REMOTELY CONTROLLED When illuminated, indicates that a remote pool automation control
(Hayward Pro Logic, Pentair Intellitouch, Polaris Eos, etc.) is controlling the Aqua Rite--the
main switch and "Desired Output %" adjustment are inactive. When flashing, the Pro Logic,
Intellitouch or Eos is in SERVICE or TIME-OUT mode and the Main Switch and "Desired Output
%" adjustment are active.
The power and generating light should be on. The diagnostic readings will tell you if it's working.

I just tried it. Connected 4 wires from the Omnilogic to the AquaRite. Made sure there was voltage (I measured 11.7 VDC) across the Green and Red wires. Removed the black jumper, but the "Remotely Controlled" LED on the Aquarite never came on. It looks like there should be RS-485 communication on the yellow and black wires but I don't think the Omnilogic knows the Aqualink is there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Aquarite behaves exactly as it did before. The main switch and "desired output %" still work. The Power light is on and diagnostics are the same as before. The jumper I removed is directly behind the display board and is labeled "PRI" and "SEC", so I think it's the right one. On the Omnilogic, I have Salt Chlorination enabled, but it only allows me to define one relay and one T-cell, which is the one connected directly to it. There is nothing I can find in the config wizard to tell it to control a remote Aquarite or T-cell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I contacted Hayward support and here is the response I got:

--------
At this time the Omni Logic does not have the
ability to control an external chlorinator such as the Aqua Rite. The
Omni Logic can only control power to it at this time via relay
control.
Regards,
XXX. Ext: 7695

Hayward Technical Services
One Hayward Industrial Drive
Clemmons, NC (USA) 27012
908-355-7995
---------

The "at this time" part gives some hope that they will be supporting this sometime in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.