Do I need to SLAM, or just breathe a moment?

gilbee

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Harvey, LA
I test my water every day (mostly), and I've noticed that some days my CC hits 1 (or between .5 and 1, since I use 10ml sampling for my tests), but not consistently. Check out my sig for historical test results---I did my test today much later in the day that I normally do (normally I test 9-10AM) as we were out of town yesterday evening and today during the day, and in addition to my results, I had a LOT of leaves, acorns, and crepemyrtle flowers/pods in the pool and in the polaris, so I'm thinking this could account for the slightly elevated numbers...I really don't want to SLAM if it's not a sure issue in the making, but I don't want to discount it either without tossing my numbers out here.

What do you think?

Update --- I hadn't had a chance to empty the skimmers out before I tested...WOW they were completely full of leaves, pretty much to the point of being blocked off...I think maybe that along with the hard rain storm that came in last night while we were out might explain the variance today, but I'm open to confirmations/counterpoints.

Relax man. I think you're fine.

All too often we will all see CC's now and then. Most always, there is a good reason for it, such as a full skimmer or whatever.
If there is any doubt, then just do a OCLT (with a clean skimmer!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.