Can't change settings on Intex SWG...?

Jul 18, 2015
Williamston, MI
I just bought a 48"x18' Intex pool and SWG used one year. Put away very tidy (with talcum on pool, etc.).

I filled pool and salted the water, added the cy-acid to correct amount. I started main pump then SWG. Got 90 code at first til I sorted out bubbles in SWG. Then "02" appeared and the green "working" light. The "02" is hours of working, right? If I press any of the buttons I just get a beep or two each time but the numbers won't change. The beeps seem a little sporadic rather than precise for each press. Pressing the boost button does NOT light up the boost-light. After 2 hours the SWG seems to go into rest mode. I wonder if it's really working. My pool water is a bit yellow-green. Quite opaque. ...Not so good. I used a copper test strip from an unopened pouch. No color change. Started peach, ended peach. I see the pouch is dated "expire 2013." Do they really go bad? They're sealed in a pouch inside another sealed pouch.

I'm assuming the SWG is "somewhat" broken. The "boost" just does 4 consecutive cycles of 2 hrs, right? So I've just been going out and turning the SWG on and off and getting a 'fresh' 02 code. To try to keep the SWG in working mode. It's been a couple days of this. No improvement in pool water color.

PS: I notice that the "02" code is now "01" -- so it looks like the hourly count-down works, which is what I assume that is. Also, I did take a couple days to get the SWG up and running and the water had already turned a bit yellow. I now have not been able to get it to go clear since then. It's been maybe 4-5 days of running the SWG. Usually I restart it a couple times during the day so it gets at least 4 hours of green-light "working" time per day. I could try to make sure it "boosts" and make sure it goes on a bunch of times during the day.

You have to hold down the lock/unlock button until it makes a series of beeps and the numbers flash in order to change the run time.

You have to hold down the lock/unlock button until it makes a series of beeps and the numbers flash in order to change the run time.

OK, I'll try/look for that! I didn't notice a lock/unlock button. Doh!

pps: I think the strips are still working! ...I just noticed one is light pink. maybe they're just slower to respond due to being old. so maybe my SWG works but is just partially broken? how to get the water clear and 'blue' rather than with the yellow hue? try to keep the SWG running for a whole day to 'shock' it?

Mine is also a CS8110. Here's my front panel. Is yours not like this? Maybe it's a newer model.

temporary_zpsszlwgre1.jpg

Rats. That last tip looked good! But my SWG didn't respond. ...My SWG has arrows on the left and right buttons.

BUT! I HAVE NOW HAD SUCCESS! My confusion over this, and the info above, inspired me to RTFM ... read the manual ... again and again. (It's amazing how dense a person can be.) I was holding the keys down together: mistake. Also, the manual says LEFT button first, then right. (Opposite of the above info!) Well... It finally worked! Then I tried the boost again: nuttin'. Then I *READ* the boost info and: hold boost for FIVE SECONDS til it lights up, etc. IT WORKS!!!

Thanks, everyone, for provoking me to get it right. I'll now contribute a donation to this great forum. Even if info isn't always exact if the outcome is success there can be nothing but thanks! :)

Now, I hope to finally get CLEAR WATER. One step at a time... (I'll also buy some FRESH test strips...)

Rats. That last tip looked good! But my SWG didn't respond. ...My SWG has arrows on the left and right buttons.

BUT! I HAVE NOW HAD SUCCESS! My confusion over this, and the info above, inspired me to RTFM ... read the manual ... again and again. (It's amazing how dense a person can be.) I was holding the keys down together: mistake. Also, the manual says LEFT button first, then right. (Opposite of the above info!) Well... It finally worked! Then I tried the boost again: nuttin'. Then I *READ* the boost info and: hold boost for FIVE SECONDS til it lights up, etc. IT WORKS!!!

Thanks, everyone, for provoking me to get it right. I'll now contribute a donation to this great forum. Even if info isn't always exact if the outcome is success there can be nothing but thanks! :)

Now, I hope to finally get CLEAR WATER. One step at a time... (I'll also buy some FRESH test strips...)
Lol sorry got my rights and lefts mixed up. Mine has arrows also. It's a few years old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.