Power Supply water proof?

cbb77

May 29, 2011
MA
Ok guys, probably a stupid question but this is my first robotic cleaner, thus want to know if the power supplies are typically water proof. I ask as I put my cleaner in this morning and went to cut the grass. Well the clouds rolled in quickly and thundershower started. Was just at the end of cutting the grass so wanted to finish the lawn before it really started to downpour. Well I lost and downpour started. Forgot about the cleaner so I ran to the back to unplug the unit and put it in the shed. So I ask is this actually something I need to worry about? Didn't read anything in the manual to state whether or not the power supply is waterproof or not. What do you guys think?

Most state that they are water resistant. I know many users on here have devised a "doghouse" to put their power supplies into either for storage or during use. I would recommend protecting the power supply from rain and sun whenever possible for the peace of mind. A plastic bin, such as Rubbermaid that is large enough to cover the power supply when the bin is inverted is sufficient. You can add slots for the cords to pass through if needed. I have a table that is very close to the pool in my case so I put the power supply on a chair and slide the chair under the table when running my robot. When not in use, the power supply goes in a deck box like this one:
41EcPyl5R6L.jpg

If you are out of warranty, you might consider waterproofing your unit. As stated before, most are considered water resistant. I have a dolphin and the on/off switch is in a rubber enclosure but that is only protection from rain or splashing. I removed the cover (6 screws underneath or so) and created a silicone 'gasket' around the base where the cover meets the heat sync. I wouldn't drop it in the pool but I'm confident that it will be protected from a driving downpour at this point.

Thanks guys this is exactly what i wanted to confirm. I will take your recommendations and ensure that I have some protection, particulary if I plan to leave it unattend for a while.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.