Hello from South Africa

Feb 27, 2009
Good day,

I am very glad that I found this forum as I am a very keep pool keeper.
My name is Oscar and I am from South Africa. The climate in South Africa
is almost always hot and so it is a perfect place to own a pool.

I love coming home and taking a swim in a cool, clean pool.
At the moment the property I am staying on actually has two pools :-D
One is run using a saltwater chlorinator and the other is filtered using a normal sand filter.

If you get a chance I recommend you take a look at my website (in my sig) regarding saltwater and
chlorine pools.

Thanks for the cool forum, I am definitely going to spend a lot of time here :goodjob:

I have to second what Chemgeek said. I looked at your website and it is filled with misinformation. My suggestion is to read EVERYTHING in the pool school section of the forum, then read it all again. Once you do so you might want to post some questions in case there is some areas you still don't understand. As a moderator I also would like to ask you to read a bit more and study the forum before posting so you understand what we are all about.

Oscar D said:
Thank you for the welcome.

I hope to learn and add to this forum.

Regards

Oscar D

Hello Oscar D:
It's good to see a South African on the site. I'm American, but I lived in RSA for over two years and might have stayed permanently if not for the crime and deteriorating infrastructure. I loved the country and the people. The climate in the Transvaal (Gauteng) is the best in the world.